Roval Rapide Clx Disc Rear Wheel
ROVAL RAPIDE CLX DISC REAR WHEEL
The Roval Rapide CLX Disc Rear Wheel amalgamates a rim profile gleaned from World TT wins seamlessly with Tour de France mountain conquering low weight. This blend bestows speed within any real-world riding scenario, from flat valleys to punchy climbs alike.
A full carbon rim is realised with a rear-wheel specific profile that is 60mm in depth and 30mm in external width. The rim silhouette is verging on being V-shaped with this yielding lower drag within the dirty, churned up airflow experienced at the rear of the bike.
A broad internal rim width of 21mm complements by facilitating a superior tyre cross-section. This increased tyre girth enhances aerodynamic performance, lowers rolling resistance and increases cornering grip.
Only clincher tyres are catered for within this wheel, with no tubeless tyre compatibility offered. This brave move by Roval has been actioned to allow the lightest and fastest possible rim and tyre configuration. This wouldn’t have otherwise been possible with the additional carbon needed to counter the extra compressive forces experienced when using a tubeless tyre set up.
The AeroFlange hub promotes increased lateral stiffness via its wide bracing angles while the DT Swiss Aerolite spokes link everything together via a traditional hand build.
A weight of 751 grams and a rider weight limit of 109kg opens up use to a full spectrum of cyclists and riding styles.
· Rim Type: Carbon, clincher (tube-type)
· Rim Material: Carbon
· Braking Surface: Disc brake only
· Rim Depth: 60mm
· Rim Width: 21mm internal, 30mm external
· Spoke Pattern: One-cross/Two-cross (2:1)
· Spoke Count: 24
· Spoke Type: DT Swiss Aerolite T-head
· Nipple Type: DT Swiss Pro Lock hexagonal
· Rear Hub: Roval AeroFlange Disc, Center Lock, sealed cartridge bearings, DT Swiss EXP internals, HG Freehub, 11-speed, 142x12mm thru-axle compatible
· Assembly Method: Hand-built
· Extras: Roval padded wheel bag
· No Fault crash replacement policy
· Lifetime warranty
· Manufacturer claimed weight: 751 grams
· Please note: These wheels can’t be used in a tubeless tyre setup. Only clincher tyres with inner tubes are compatible