2023 Specialized S-Works Aethos Frameset
2023 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS AETHOS FRAMESET
Don’t get us wrong, we’re all for racing. Grand Tour top steps, Classic’s Monuments—they’re in our DNA. But sometimes riding simply to ride, riding for the love of riding, is just what we need. And this is what the Aethos lives for. Sure, it’s given nothing up to performance, and happens to be the lightest frame out there, but with no compromise to style. Aethos: Billions of calculations in the pursuit of one thing—the perfect ride.
And with this S-Works Aethos frame set, you have the perfect canvas to begin creating your dream ride.
• The Aethos frame has been designed with the perfect combination of ultimate ride feel, light weight, and style—from accelerating up steep pitches and descending technical descents, to all-day saddle comfort on even the longest coffee rides, the Aethos hits the mark. But how, you ask? By reinventing the traditional road shape found on bikes of the past, we’ve subtly altered these shapes to deliver massive gains in stiffness and balance, all without affecting weight or durability. Pair that with an entirely new layup and process that we’ve perfected over multiple decades and you have the lightest frame out there (585 grams, S-Works, size 56cm). The Aethos is more than just a new bike, it’s the first of a new breed.
• A featherweight frame is useless without confidence-inspiring ride characteristics, which is why we’ve developed the Aethos to have the perfect balance of front and rear stiffness combined with exceptional ride quality. By studying the flexing and breathing of carbon fiber, we were able to discover groundbreaking findings about how forces flow through frames. Just a few pedal strokes and you’ll realize this sublime ride sets a new standard.
• Every detail, from the derailleur hangers to the fork expander plug have been designed with style, weight, and durability in mind—everything in pursuit for the perfect ride.
• S-Works Aethos FACT 12r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Threaded BB, Electronic cable routing only, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
• Specialized Alloy, 30.0mm, titanium bolt
• Roval Alpinist Carbon Seatpost
• S-Works FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc